Dry Neem Leaves : Azadirachta Indica : Margosa
Dry Neem Leaves: Azadirachta Indica: Margosa
Neem Leaves is commonly known as Azadirachta indica, Neem Tree or Indian lilac is a tree in the mahogany family Meliaceae.
It is one of two species in the genus Azadirachta and is native to the Indian subcontinent, i.e. Myanmar, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and the Maldives.
Neem Leaf is used for leprosy, eye disorders, bloody nose, intestinal worms, stomach upset, loss of appetite, skin ulcers, diseases of the heart, and blood vessels.
Neem Extracts Neem oil is also used for healthy hair, to improve liver function, detoxify the blood
ÿNeem flowers can be used to treat anorexia, nausea, belching, and intestinal worms. Ayurveda suggestsÿneem leaves are good for the eyes.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Various forms of Neem are found in our day to day life:
1. Neem oil: Used as a component of facial and skin wash, scrubs, and creams.
2. Neem Leaf Powder: Used in masks, washes, toners, and peels.
3. Neem Cake: Used for scrubs.
Neem might control various skin infections like eczema, scabies, ringworm, and maggot-infested wounds due to its antimicrobial property. Neem also has an antioxidant property that helps prevent cell damage and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
1. Take a handful of Neem Leaves.
2. Boil them in a pot of water (500 ml) till half the amount remains.
3. Cool this mixture and use it as a last rinse after your regular shower.
4. Repeat this twice a week for better results.
Studies say that Neem has good antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. It inhibits the growth of acne-causing bacteria and reduces the redness and pain around acne.
1. Take 5-6 fresh and clean Neem leaves.
2. Crush them to form a paste.
3. Apply this paste on your acne.
4. Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
5. Wash with lukewarm water and pat dry.
6. Repeat this thrice a week for better results.
Neem helps to reduce the redness and inflammation in psoriasis due to its Ropan (healing) and Kashaya (astringent) properties.
1. Take 1/2 teaspoon Neem oil.
2. Mix it with coconut oil.
3. Apply to the affected area once or twice a day.
4. Continue this for at least 1-2 months for better results.